Follow JasintaR_xoxo on Twitter

Tuesday 27 October 2009

New beginnings!! ARE YOU A SLAVE TO YOUR HAIR?


Welcome to the launched pad of A.S.F!!!



My name is Jasinta and I am 22 years old, I was inspired to create this blog because I have alot to say and if you know me then you will be laughing. I feel I want to give back to someone going through a difficult situation, a person that is tormented by negative people around them, young people that are motivated to make a positive difference in their life or in the lives of others.



If you join this blog I hope that it becomes an inspiration to you and encourages you to help others that are in need of it or this will give you key information to feel inspired to change your perception and outlook on life.

Lets begin ARE YOU A SLAVE to your hair and style? I admit it can be an ordeal trying to find the right hair style all the time but do you think that it's due to being subject to a society that paints a westernised picture of beauty which is having long straight hair and because of this are women of colour backed up into a corner to get this look, no matter the cost?
Please check out the solange interview.

http://www.oprah.com/media/20090916-tows-solange-knowles

lets talk about it as it affects how we view ourselves.

3 comments:

  1. I completely concur with the statement made by Solange. For the majority of my life I've had short hair, interspersed with relaxers, braids and colouring. However I have never felt more comfortable than when I had short hair. I'm not a fan of spending hours in a hair salon nor the amount of money and maintainence it takes when you deal with relaxers and/or weaves. Life's too short. Big up the NATURAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that some women become slaves to their hair. This can be pressured from the Media, and one's perception of hair itself. If a woman sees their hair as their reflection of beauty then they may go to major extents to get the desired hair.
    To the women out there; try not to become a slave to your hair, and if you already are, try to look deep within yourself as beauty stems from within!
    My step-dad often says 'hair today, gone tomorrow'. My mother has cut off her hair and she looks beautiful, I have medium length natural hair and I'm proud to say it's been a lot easier and healthier than relaxed hair!!
    Go natural ladies!

    ReplyDelete